Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Time!

My second graders are just beginning to tell time and are super excited about it.  I'm super excited too because the sooner they can tell time the sooner they stop asking me what time it is:)  They created these cute clocks today to help them learn how many minutes each number on the clock represents. 

 
I created a template that you can get free here, or click on the teacherspayteachers.com widget to go directly to my store where you can download it for free.  First I had the kids fill in the lines on the inside circle with the numbers they saw on our classroom clock.  Next they filled in the lines on the outside circle with how many minutes each number represents.  I let them color the hands any color they wanted.  While they were in gym I laminated each clock, and when they got back they cut it all out and assembled it with a brad. I had them keep them in their desks to pull out when we are practicing telling time.  I might have them take their clock home to practice as well.  This was a very easy project that all of the kids seemed to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment